Tuna is one of the most nutritious and versatile ingredients for making creative recipes. The crunchy and flavorful texture of this dish is a great choice as an entry, snack or main course.
- 2 pieces of tuna fish (vacuum packed and frozen)
- 1 tablespoon paprika or sweet pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 150 grams amaranth flour (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup soy with lemon juice
- 4 cup vegetable oil (16 oz)
- 1 avocado, sliced or small cubes
- Flour or Corn tortillas
- Blend the amaranth until flour consistency is obtained.
- Allow the tuna fish to be defrosted 50% without removing the bag. They can be changed from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before or soaked in water at room temperature a few minutes before.
- Remove from the bag and cut the tuna into small cubes of similar size.
- Add soy and lemon juice in a bowl and marinate the tuna cubes for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the tuna in a strainer after marinating time.
- Add amaranth flour, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pass the tuna cubes through the flour mixture until completely covered.
- Remove excess flour with a strainer. The result is a light, lump-free layer.
- Heat the oil for about 15 minutes should be very hot before use.
- Fry tuna fish in portions for 2 minutes and remove.
- Serve hot in tacos with avocado and hot sauce.