SWEET CORN CAKE
50 grams wheat flour
50 grams amaranth flour
70 grams cream cheese
45 grams unsalted butter
100 grams of sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
400 grams yellow corn (drained)
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
20 grams of sugar glass (optional)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Blend sugar, butter, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla and corn together.
2. In a bowl sift the wheat flour, baking powder and the cornstarch.
3. Add the amaranth flour and salt, stir well.
4. Mix the liquid ingredients to the dry ones with the help of a balloon whisk.
5. Flour the baking pan.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 to 50 minutes until the tip of a knife is inserted clean.
7. Leave to cool out of the oven and unmold it when it is still warm.
8. Garnish with sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.