Check out this delicious amaranth sweet corn cake recipe! It's easy to make, tastes delicious and is packed with a lot of health benefits such as high amounts of protein and micronutrients to fuel your body and keep you healthy. This amaranth sweet corn cake is the perfect snack or dessert.
Popped amaranth can be easily blended into a nutritious flour to make this delicious sweet corn cake with the following recipe:
SWEET CORN CAKE
- 3 eggs
- 1.7 ouncess wheat flour
- 1.7 ounces amaranth flour*
- 2.5 ounces cream cheese
- 1.6 ounces unsalted butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3.5 ounces yellow corn (drained)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 0.7 ounces of sugar glass (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Blend sugar, butter, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla and corn together.
2. In a bowl sift the wheat flour, baking powder and the cornstarch.
3. Add the amaranth flour and salt, stir well.
4. Mix the liquid ingredients to the dry ones with the help of a balloon whisk.
5. Flour the baking pan.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 to 50 minutes until the tip of a knife is inserted clean.
7. Leave to cool out of the oven and unmold it when it is still warm.
8. Garnish with sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.