Soups are the easiest way to increase vegetable intake in our daily routine.
This soup blending the antioxidant properties of red pepper with amaranth nutrients can increase your metabolism and helps with digestion.
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 5 red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 10 almonds
- 4-6 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 20 grams butter
- Vegetable seasoning and spices
- Slice the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut in half.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a pot using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add the peppers and almonds and continue frying for a few more minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and return to heat for about 20 minutes until the peppers are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool a little and blend with the amaranth until the ingredients are fully integrated.
- Add the butter and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, vegetable seasoning and spices of your choice.
- Serve warm and garnish with a few drops of olive oil.