This soup blending the antioxidant properties of red pepper with amaranth nutrients can increase your metabolism and helps with digestion. It is the perfect recipe for anyone trying to eat healthier.
Soups are the easiest way to increase vegetable intake in our daily routine. Red peppers are not only tasty but a very healthy option, and when combined with amaranth you have the perfect combination of taste plus micronutrients to nourish your body.
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour*
- 5 red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 10 almonds
- 4-6 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 fluid oz. olive oil or coconut oil
- 0.7 ounces butter
- Vegetable seasoning and spices
- Slice the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut in half.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a pot using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add the peppers and almonds and continue frying for a few more minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and return to heat for about 20 minutes until the peppers are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool a little and blend with the amaranth until the ingredients are fully integrated.
- Add the butter and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, vegetable seasoning and spices of your choice.
- Serve warm and garnish with a few drops of olive oil.
Share with us your red pepper soup once you make it! Make sure to check out our other recipes too.