A delicious gluten free amaranth dark chocolate cake recipe, that has protein, tons of micronutrients and antioxidants. This very easy to make recipe will be a delight for anyone that gives it a try!
This amaranth recipe developed by chef Erika Chulini is one of a kind as you will never be able to tell that it has high protein content, is gluten free, contains minerals and antioxidants amongst other micronutrients, and tastes delicious.
- 2 cups Amaranthy amaranth flour
- 5.3 ounces dark chocolate chips (70-85% cacao)
- 5.3 ounces softened butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup white or brown sugar
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grain sea salt
- 5.3 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 5.3 ounces whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Grease and flour lightly the pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl and fully integrate. Set aside
- Beat the eggs, gradually adding the sugar until the mixture doubles in size.
- Add the vanilla and sea salt and whisk for a few more minutes.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and integrate perfectly.
- Add the amaranth flour and mix until a homogeneous mixture formed.
- Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat the whipping cream in a small saucepan.
- Cover the chocolate with the cream in a bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix until integrated and you get the consistency of the gnache. Use it to cover the cake until warm or at room temperature.