PERFECT FOR YOUR MORNING WITH A CUP OF COFFEE.
A DELICIOUS, HEALTHY TREAT.
CONSISTENCY IS SEMI-WET WITH A VERY SOFT TEXTURE
Made with popped amaranth instead of traditional wheat, this recipe includes the Superfood used for over 3,000 years. We’ve perfected different recipes using this organic, vegan, gluten-free ingredient.
Read more about the health benefits of Amaranth and why it’s a high-protein, low-calorie Superfood.
- 2 cups amaranth flour
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (Royal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup almonds, mixed nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 356 F.
- Grease and flour lightly the pan.
- Blend the amaranth into flour.
- Blend the oatmeal into flour.
- Add the flours, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk trough to combine or using your paddle attachment until combined well. Set aside
- Blend together bananas, eggs, butter, milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Empty the liquid mixture to the bowl of the dry ingredients and integrate well.
- Spread chia seeds and mixed nuts to decorate.
- Bake for around 40- 45 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the banana tart comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes remove from de pan and cool completely.