PERFECT FOR YOUR MORNING WITH A CUP OF COFFEE.
A DELICIOUS, HEALTHY TREAT.
THE CONSISTENCY OF THIS AMARANTH BANANA BREAD IS SEMI-WET WITH A VERY SOFT TEXTURE
Made with popped amaranth instead of traditional wheat, this recipe includes the superfood used for over 3,000 years. We’ve perfected different recipes using this organic, vegan, gluten-free ingredient.
Read more about the health benefits of Amaranth and why it’s a high-protein, low-calorie Superfood.
- 2 cups amaranth flour*
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder (Royal)
- 1/6 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup almonds, mixed nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 356 F.
- Grease and flour lightly the pan.
- Blend the amaranth into flour.
- Blend the oatmeal into flour.
- Add the flours, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk trough to combine or using your paddle attachment until combined well. Set aside
- Blend together bananas, eggs, butter, milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Empty the liquid mixture to the bowl of the dry ingredients and integrate well.
- Spread chia seeds and mixed nuts to decorate.
- Bake for around 40 - 45 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the amaranth banana bread comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes remove from de pan and cool completely.
Share with us your amaranth banana bread once you make it! Make sure to check out our other recipes too.