This cake is the best way to finish a special lunch or dinner, it is a classic of Spanish gastronomy now with the extra touch that gives the properties and nutrients of amaranth.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar glass (for decoration)
- Strawberries or red fruits (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Grease and flour lightly the pan.
- Blend the amaranth into flour.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor into small portions until you reach flour like consistency (in case you do not buy a ready to use).
- Add sugar, amaranth flour and almond flour in a large bowl or mixer bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture while still beating, wait for that it is already fully integrated each before adding the next one.
- Add lemon zest, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mixed again.
- Bake for 35/40 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes remove from de pan and cool completely.
- Decorate with sugar glass and red fruits.
Share with us your almond pie!